Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Kay's Fremont Street Experience Guest Blogger

My Fremont Experience!

I'm a people person and I also like to watch people. I can sit and watch people for hours and hours. When I first arrived in Las Vegas everything was new to me. I came from a small town. People have always fascinated me for some reason. I learned new things everyday here.

I would sit in a office at the place I stayed at and just watched people walk by or for that matter drive by. There was never a dull moment on any given day. It was amazing to me how some of the people were dressed. I seen Elvis, A jester pushing a gorilla in a wheelchair, spongebob square pants, and last but not least a streaker. That was a eye opener for me or should I say it opened my eyes really big!

I have seen people walking uptown in the pajamas, slippers, short short skirts, see through shirts and high high heels. I wondered why some of the girls were dressed like that. It did not take long to find out. There was always someone beeping the horn at them and pulling over to talk to them. OH BOY you guessed it. I don't have to tell you what it was for can we say BOOTIE CALL. LOL

I  was kind of worried being on this side of town, but I also meet some pretty incredible people sense I have been here. People from all over the world like, Canada, Germany, Switzerland, Australia, Netherlands, Holland, Austria and of course the United States.  Most of the people that come to the RV Park come through the months of like Oct through April. These months out here I'm told are called the
snowbird season.

After awhile everyone started to get together for like a little cook out or just sit and talk in the office. Diana one of the ladies who works in the office there is pretty good and knowledgeable about things going on around there. If you need to know where something is she can tell you were it is and how to get to it. There has been times when I have sat there and just watch people and heard someone call and ask her how to get to the RV Park. Diana would tell them what exit to take and what street to come down to give them access to the park.

In the back yard to this RV Park is a really nice bar that sells food. Let me tell you I thought Belmont a bar back home  had a good burger and steak sandwitch this bar runs  close to being right up there. The bar is call the Bunkhouse. If you get to Vegas and you like burgers check it out. They have other food to believe me there hasn't been much on the menu I did not like.

You want good pizza the best I have tasted so far is a place called Boston Pizza. This place is on the strip. I would have never known about it but one day one of the guest came in with two of them It was a Tuesday. Tuesday was 2 Pizzas with everything on it for 20.00. These pizzas had cheese, sausage, pepperoni, green peppers, onions and what ever else you wanted. They were hugh. Two of these bad boys feed six of us.

This RV Park is about three to four blocks from the Fremont Experience. If you get to Vegas you have to check this out. My first time there was at night. That is the time to go. They have like a big TV screen that goes for about four blocks or so. They show songs and stuff on the screens while music is playing. I was just amazed the first time I seen it. I have never seen anything like that before. There are all kinds of things going on under there. There are people who paint pictures with paint cans. That was awesome to watch them do this. Who would have thought that just using a paint can and twirling a table with board or whatever they use for a base could turn out so pretty.
There is music under there either people singing or people playing instruments. Just walking around was really nice. People were drinking and having a good time. I like to watch when the music was playing and people were dancing and just being silly. It was nice. There are showgirls that walk around that give beads out and tickets for all kinds of things. You have to check out the souvenir shops. The prices for shirts are cheap. Sometimes you can get a deal 2 or 3 shirts for 10.00. You just have to look around. Binions have really nice shirts sometimes for 5.00.

Hopefully there will be many more experiences that I can enjoy and share with you later on in my next chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment